Creative Director, Riverview Church [August 2013 – Present]
- Brand Manager, Graphic Design, Set Design, Social Media.
Owner, Joshua Michels Creative [Aug 2011 – Present]
- Wedding, Engagement, Portrait, and Event photography
- Video – lighting, shooting, editing, product delivery. Client interaction.
Videographer for the College of Veterinary Medicine at Michigan State university [Jan 2012 – May 2013]
- Carried out shooting, conducting of interviews, editing, and graphic elements within the brand standards of MSU.
- View “First Year” video campaign HERE.
Teacher’s Assistant under professor Bob Albers at Michigan State university [Jan 2012 – Dec 2012]
- Graded the effectiveness of storytelling in digital mediums.
- Course: Story, Sound, and Motion.
Performer with the Marquette Symphony Orchestra [Sep 2007 – May 2009]
- Cellist in professional, regional symphony.
Bachelor of Arts in Media Arts & Technology, Dec 2012
- Michigan State University
- Concentration in Television, Cinema and Radio. Specialization in Design.
- Supplemental coursework in drawing, painting, ceramics.
- Minor in Spanish.
- Honors College. GPA 3.6
// RELATED EXPERIENCE
Associate Producer on “Elderly Instruments: All Things Strings”
- Filmed portions of the documentary. Led production in the finals stages of post production.
- Handled credit design on this feature length documentary directed by Michigan filmmaker Bob Albers.
- View trailer.
Branding and web presence for Doug Mains & the City Folk
- Design and implementation of logo and tagline for this Michigan based folk band.
- Total web design and maintenance.
Branding, web presence, and Producer for “Thrive With Less”
- Design and implementation of logo for this feature length documentary.
- Scheduled shoots, fronted post production work, handled communication with film festivals and press sources.
Poster design for local musicians
- Freelance design work focusing on local musical performances.
- Photography [Canon DSLR primarily, posing, editing, external flash, client interaction and delivery]
- Video [Canon DSLR primarily, cinematography, lighting, audio, conducting interviews, editing]
- Illustrator [Proficient knowledge of tracing, drawing, turning images/logos into vectors]
- Photoshop [Proficient in photo touch up and recreation, proficient knowledge of output formats]
- WordPress [Comfortable in WP environment, knowledge of theme modification] [Limited PHP knowledge]
- HTML/CSS/PHP [Understanding of language and how to write] [Limited experience in coding from scratch]
- Hand Illustration [Profiecient in hand-rendered text. Pen, pencil, charcoal.
Reference contact information will be given upon request. Please send an email to email@example.com with any inquiries.